Reporting back on the Employee Aboriginal Self-Identification Initiative

Date

In October 2016, all employees were invited to self-identify as Aboriginal or non-Aboriginal. This initiative will help us measure how well the NH workforce reflects the communities of northern BC and any changes over time. 

Thank you to everyone who responded. Almost 30% of NH employees have responded to the initiative so far! Just under 20% of the people who responded self-identified as Aboriginal. About 73% self-identified as non-Aboriginal and about 8% chose “no response”. At this time, it is difficult to know if the 30% of respondents are representative of the remaining 70% of employees. The next step is to increase the number of people who have responded.

The option to self-identify in i-Site is always available. Please consider responding if you have not done so already. All uses of the data will comply with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
 

Share